Lann Dàn - Blades Of Destiny
The story sets up In the fifth century, the arrival of a brutal band of pre-Viking Norse raiders entwines the Mother Goddess of Celtic Ireland in a desperate bid to rid her island of the invaders turned settlers. Danu and her fellow Tuatha Gods draw Breanna Ban Morna, a Gaelic warrior with blood from both sides, into a quest to find the missing Tuatha-created Lann Dàn, the Blades of Destiny, one of three pieces of magic needed to remove the Norse leader and his ilk from their land. While meeting Danu in a secret grove, Croí Dàn, the Heart of Destiny, chooses Breanna as Erin’s Hero. As the Mother Goddess sets the young warrior on her quest to find the Blades of Destiny, little does Breanna know that the Norse leader has invoked ancient enemies of the Tuatha to stop her. It takes an intervention by another God of the Tuatha pantheon to ensure that Erin’s Hero can pursue her goal of removing the Norsemen from their land.
Author wrote this book in such a brilliant way that I was able to conveniently imagine the whole book including all the characters and backgrounds which made the book even more interesting for me. The interactions between Breanna and Danu, the Mother Goddess, bring a mystical depth to the plot. The quest for the Blades of Destiny, a magical weapon imbued with the power to drive out the Norse invaders, serves as a gripping centerpiece. I really liked the mythological elements of the story. Author did a really great job in balancing the book and he kept the story fast faced at no point I felt like keeping the book down, it became a page turner for me. I finished reading this book in just two sittings. I can not wait to read the next book. The way author integrated all the aspects in one single book was very surprising for me. Author did not disappoint me at all even though it is difficult to not mess up with this kind of storyline. I highly recommend this book to everyone even if you are not into this genre.
Comments
Post a Comment